HOGAN DEVELOPMENT SURVEY (HDS)
The Dark Side of Personality
The Hogan Development Survey measures a person’s tendencies when under stress. The HDS identifies the dark-side personality – qualities that emerge in times of increased strain and can disrupt relationships, damage reputations, and derail peoples’ chances of success. By assessing dark-side personality, you can recognize and mitigate performance risks before they become a problem.
Introduced in 1997, the HDS is the only personality assessment that identifies critical blind spots that lead to career derailment. The HDS is a proven assessment tool that uses 11 personality scales to help leaders recognize shortcomings, maximize strengths, and build successful teams.
HDS QUICK FACTS
- 15- to 20-minute completion time
- Available in more than 40 languages
- Measures behavior not covered by the Five-Factor Model
- Identifies problematic aspects of behavior not detected in an interview
- More than two million participants assessed
- Validated for use in more than 400 research studies
- No invasive or intrusive items
- No adverse impact
- Online administration
Selection: Selection reports fueled by the HDS inject valuable insight into the hiring process, from measuring candidates’ overall desirability to highlighting specific areas of strengths and weaknesses.
Development: Our HDS-driven development reports offer actionable management and development suggestions to help you guide your employees’ careers.
Leadership: Self-awareness is one of the hallmarks of great leadership. Give your leaders the tools they need to understand their strengths and weaknesses, and how they compare to those of their peers.
Watch this video of the 11 Derailers!
- Excitable: moody, easily annoyed, hard to please, emotionally volatile
- Skeptical: distrustful, cynical, sensitive to criticism, focused on the negative
- Cautious: unassertive, resistant to change, slow to make decisions
- Reserved: aloof, indifferent to the feeling of others, uncommunicative
- Leisurely: overtly cooperative, but privately irritable, stubborn, uncooperative
- Bold: overly self-confident, arrogant, inflated feelings of self-worth
- Mischievous: charming, risk-taking, limit-testing and excitement-seeking
- Colorful: dramatic, attention-seeking, interruptive, poor listening skills
- Imaginative: creative, but thinking and acting in unusual or eccentric ways
- Diligent: meticulous, precise, hard to please, tends to micromanage
- Dutiful: eager to please and reluctant to act independently
HOGAN Leadership Forecast Series + Virtual Coaching Session $995: Details the implications of your personality and motivational profiles when you apply yourself to a leadership role.
HOGAN Career Report $40: Identifies how you / someone will act in various business circumstances, identifies strengths and shortcomings, and includes detailed tips to help manage your / their career.
HOGAN Compass Report $40: Identifies your / employees' core values, compares them with various occupations and cultures, and describes the type of environment in which you / they will be comfortable working and living.
HOGAN Agile Leader $180: It will only take you 15 minutes to find out whether you are prepared for tomorrow’s leadership models.
HOGAN EQ Assessment $75: Assesses emotional intelligence, the ability to identify and manage your own and others’ emotions.
HOGAN Manage Report $40: provides managers with effective techniques for managing employees based on their personality.
HOGAN Leader Focus $80: What Type of Leader Are You?
HOGAN Candidate Summary $150: A self-guided interpretation of individual strengths, values and challenges. The report is a snapshot of interpersonal performance, organizational fit, and a primer for performance improvement and shifts in behavior.
Global Assessment Inventory $55: Measures 10 attributes crucial for successful adaptation when doing business across cultures.
We have been a leading distributor & training provider of Hogan Assessments for over 20 years.
PPI chose Hogan instruments over many others because they meet our criteria for excellence in workplace assessment, including rigorous scientific standards and no adverse impact.